A Heart of a Leader – Part 3
A leader loves fellowship with God (prayer) as much as Christ loves fellowship with His Heavenly Father
Jesus provides leaders with a blueprint on how to care for those who are under his/her influence. A huge portion of that blueprint was found in Jesus taking the time to have fellowship with His Heavenly Father. No matter how busy Jesus got, He always found the time to connect with His Father.
During this time of fellowship, Jesus covered some important areas that we as leaders need to put into practice.
1. Jesus prayed for others – Matthew 19:13
2. Jesus prayed alone & regularly – Luke 5:16
3. The prayers of Jesus were heartfelt – John 17
4. Jesus prayed based on His knowledge of God and His truths – John 4:24 & John 8:32
5. Jesus taught persistence in prayer – Luke 18:1
6. Jesus knew that not all his prayers would be answered as expected & As you will – Matthew 26:36-44
I encourage you to look up these scriptures and study what Jesus modeled for us all in them. Then take that knowledge and apply it to your prayer life.